Parents/caregivers of children in public school: PEACE Ontario has some great reports, resources and analysis to help you understand the Ontario Sex Ed curriculum. Other components to help you raise your child to be strong in their faith and be a positive influence in the public school system include:
- Parent Form for schools to clearly and respectfully request permission from teachers in advance if certain sensitive topics will be covered in class (under Resources link)
- Christian Sex Ed books that you can order to help your child understand human sexuality from a faith perspective
- Webinars related to these issues
- Visit www.peaceontario.com for these and other resources.
- Ontario Government parent consultation website: www.ontario.ca/page/for-the-parents
Feel free to forward any questions to Sarah Tiessen if you would like more information.